OPTINOVA GROUP – Chief Operations Officer
Optinova Group is on a strong growth journey, and the company is now looking for a Chief Operations Officer (COO). The COO will report to the Group CEO and lead Optinova Group’s global operations and manufacturing function to meet clients’ needs and the company’s commercial and financial goals.
About Optinova Group
Optinova Group is a world-leading supplier of advanced solutions within polymer-based special tubing to the global med tech industry and for demanding industrial applications. With precision manufacturing in Finland, Thailand and North America the company supplies over 1 000 customers with special tubing through its sales offices world-wide. Headquarters are located in Mariehamn on Åland (Finland). Optinova Group uses its experience and knowledge in extrusion, combined with a sustainable business thinking, to develop components of the highest quality that are part of innovative solutions, thereby increasing quality of everyday life. The corporate culture favours diversity among the personnel.
Optinova Group is a pioneer within extrusion solutions for the global med tech industry and industrial applications. The company continues to test boundaries and develop its processes with new innovations and by continuous digitalisation. The company’s research and development centre provides valuable consultancy.
Optinova Group’s products add value in everyday activities, but also save lives every day. They are used in thousands of products such as pacemakers, injection needles, insulin pumps and dialysis catheters, but also in coffee machines, fire extinguishing systems, heat exchangers, brake cables and broadbands.
Chief Operations Officer (COO)
Optinova Group is looking for a COO
• Member of the Optinova Group executive management team
• Lead the Optinova Group’s global operations and manufacturing function including the manufacturing plants to meet the customers’ needs
• Ensure that the global operations and manufacturing plans are aligned and support the company vision, mission, and business plan
• Continuously develop and improve Optinova Group’s global operations to meet efficiency, productivity, capacity, and quality targets
• Develop short-term tactical plans and the long-term roadmap for the company operations
Who are we looking for?
• An empathic leader who cares for her/his people and builds highly motivated teams
• Experienced leader who combines strategic analysis/transformation and operational leadership
• Analytical and strategic
• Strong communicator with good presentation skills
• Experience from organisations with leading global supply chain with multiple manufacturing plants
• Experience from leading manufacturing industry. Experience from automotive, manufacturing contractors or similar is a merit.
• Functional experience in manufacturing, supply chain management and/or procurement
• Experience leading operational excellence and continuous improvement programs
• Good knowledge of LEAN or other operational excellence methodologies (Six Sigma, Kaizen etc)
• International work experience – preferably also from having been stationed abroad
• Experience leading people from various cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Earlier consulting background is a merit.
• Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent. A business education is a strong merit
• English expert level (verbal and writing). Swedish good to expert level is a strong merit (verbal and writing).
What we offer
We offer you exciting work in a growing organization where we develop with the help of leadership, innovation and collaboration. Our purpose is to increase the quality of everyday life for people globally through a common commitment among all employees. The COO is to be based in either Mariehamn or Uppsala.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Anna Bergquist at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mathilda Backman at email@example.com.
We hope you find the role interesting and that you submit your application in English, including CV. In order to apply, please press the ”Apply here” button to the left. We would be very much obliged if you submit your application Friday 9th December at the latest.